House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) is recruiting Democrats to help him defeat a conservative running for the U.S. Senate from Indiana:
The Young Guns Network, a group affiliated with House Republican majority leader Eric Cantor, is encouraging Democrats in Indiana to vote in the May 8 GOP primary for incumbent senator Dick Lugar. Politico's Maggie Haberman first reported that the YG Network has been sending mailers to Indiana voters reminding Democrats and independents that they can register to vote in the open primary and encouraging those folks to vote for Lugar and against his conservative challenger, Richard Mourdock......the rest of the mailing criticizes Mourdock's conservative views on eliminating federal education spending and says the choice is "between extreme cuts and mainstream Indiana leadership"
The GOP's new "big tent" philosophy: Big enough to include borrow-and-waste Dems, small enough to keep conservatives out.
Contact Eric Cantor and his "Young Guns Network" via email and on Facebook and Twitter:
Facebook: YG Action Fund
Web: GOP Young Guns
- Unreal. Majority Leader Eric Cantor went way over the line.
- Tell Eric Cantor to Stay Out of Indiana.
- Tell the Young Guns to stop aiming at Mourdock.
- $100,000 could go a long way to supporting a Republican against a Democrat this year in a competitive House race. Is helping a six-term Senate incumbent who's not so conservative try to beat back a conservative primary challenge by someone who would hold the Senate seat for the GOP really the best use of that money?
- Eric Cantor is encouraging Democrats in Indiana to vote in the May 8 GOP primary.
- ...a group dedicated to supporting HOUSE candidates, have you noticed that Lugar is in the Senate?