As accusations from team Perry thicken the plot of an otherwise underwhelming story, voters in Iowa yawn and wait. Even Cain's critics are beginning to wonder "if there’s any there there." But supporters are tiring of Cain's amateurish response to the accusations.
So far, however, the story has created a massive fundraising windfall for the Cain campaign.
Meanwhile, Instapundit reminds us to filter the news through our memory of the Journolist scandal, "where journalists got together and talked about how to bury stories that hurt Democrats and push stories that hurt Republicans." Is Politico "creating" complaints?
Stories cited in this post, in order of their appearance:
- GOP 12: Consultant who "witnessed" Cain harassment has Perry Super PAC ties
- Legal Insurrection: Cain, the saga continues, and $35k is no biggie
- Politico: Iowa yawns at Herman Cain flap
- Patterico's Pontifications: How about another Cain “aggressive and unwanted behavior” post?
- The Lonely Conservative: Witness to Alleged Cain Harassment Comes Forward, Can’t Give Details
- RightKlik: $400,000: Controversy Propels Cain to Biggest Online Fundraising Day…
- Instapundit: A Journolist Reminder
- Legal Insurrection: Creating Complaints
- The Other McCain: Let Her Speak
- The Tipsheet: Herman Cain Dominating in South Carolina
- Legal Insurrection: Chewing through the not-Romneys