by the Left Coast Rebel
Former Minnesota Governor has been caught with his hand in the "hey, look at me, conservative base I'm a global warming skeptic" cookie jar by Think Progress, of all sources. Think Progress has this audio taken from Laura Ingraham's show that highlights his hypocrisy:
I would love to get my hands on the actual commercial played above, has anyone seen it? Pawlenty's past indiscretions against the limited government movement don't just stop at support of junk science legislation.
I wrote this in 2009, alerting true conservatives and libertarians to the fact that I think Pawlenty is a liberal wolf in pseudo-conservative sheep's clothing:
I believe and know Pawlenty to be in the big-spending GOP camp. He would be a terrible choice. Albeit he would predictably start to strut around his conservative ideals only to govern like another quasi-RINO...
Some of the things listed at the Cato Institute that Tim Pawlenty stood by in Minnesota -
- Supports Massachusetts-style health care reform, including a “health care exchange” and an individual mandate;
- Has called for banning all prescription drug advertizing, and seeks government imposed price controls for drugs offered through Medicare;
- Proposed a $4000 per child preschool program for low-income children;
- Pushed a statewide smoking ban smoking ban in workplaces, restaurants and bars;
- Increased the state’s minimum wage;
- Imposed some of the most aggressive and expensive renewable energy mandates in the country;
- Was an ardent supporter of the farm bill;
- Received only a “C” ranking on Cato’s 2006 Governor’s Report Card, finishing below such Democrats as Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack and tied with Democratic Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell.
Spread the word, Pawlenty is not the man for 2012. Related discussion: Memeorandum.