by the Left Coast Rebel
Professor Jacobson over at Legal Insurrection has a great list up from Sunday on his 'doubling-down' effort for his top 10 list for donations. Here is the criteria:
On October 20, I published my Top 10 List for donations (not necessarily the 10 most important races), based on the following criteria: Must be current Democratic seat; must be toss-up or possibility of an upset of a big name Democrat; and must not be nationalized so that fundraising could help more than in some other races.
Here is his list:
- John Raese (Senate, West Virginia)(open seat, formerly Robert Byrd)
- Dino Rossi (Senate, Washington)(v. Patty Murray, incumbent)
- Todd Young (IN-9)(v. Baron Hill, incumbent)
- Van Tran (CA-47)(v. Loretta Sanchez, incumbent)
- Allen West (FL-22)(v. Ron Klein, incumbent)
- Jeff Perry (MA-10)(open seat, formerly Bill Delahunt)
- George Phillips (NY-22)(v. Maurice Hinchey, incumbent)
- Richard Hanna (NY-24)(v. Michael Arcuri, incumbent)
- John Loughlin (RI-1)(open seat, formerly Patrick Kennedy)
- Sean Beilat (MA-4)(v. Barney Frank, incumbent)
- Nick Popaditch (CA-51, awesome life story)
- Rand Paul (need I say more, Rand must win)
- Joe Miller (Alaskans stand up!)
- Christine O'Donnell (goes without saying)
- Star Parker (CA-37, awesome candidate)
Updated: Reader Pedaling adds a Utah candidate:
I agree with Dick Morris in saying Morgan Philpot of Utah!....I think he meets your criteria.Donate to Morgan Philpot here.
He is running against incumbent Jim Matheson who has slipped under the radar, far too long.
Most recently, he was the deciding vote in allowing Nancy Pelosi to adjourn instead of voting on extending the Bush tax cuts and a proposed budget.
Philpot is a fiscal conservative who holds fast to the constitution. He believes in state rights and less government.