by the Left Coast Rebel
To quote Carol Shea Porter in the above video taken over the weekend -
"There are not 35 Czars and that is just plain misinformation."
There aren't 35 Czars? Notice that the lady that questioned Shea Porter didn't mention a specific number? Aren't there 30+? When I started my blog there were over 20 or so. So obviously it is not misinformation to assume that there are 35 Czars, or at least close to that number. Watch the following video from Pajamas Media, how many do you count?
Coming away from this Pajamas expose I counted 30 Czars, as they mentioned; however there are several queued up as well. Since these folks aren't confirmed by Congress, who knows? Perhaps the Obamanation snuck in a few more on a late Friday evening.
Anyway to the credentials and backgrounds of the Czars. Some may seem benign, some in between and a few are off the charts. Listed -
- Gary Samore, the WMD Czar - Negotiated the original arms treaty with North Korea, under the Clinton administration. Was that a sterling success? You tell me.
- TARP Czar Herb Allison - CEO of Fannie Mae, from September 2008 until his appointment as the TARP Czar (which is overseeing funds going to Fannie Mae). Mr. Allison is on several boards and advisory councils currently, including Time Warner and the New York Federal Reserve Board. Conflict of interest?
- John Holdren, Science Czar - Advocated by Holdren in the past - Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not. The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation’s drinking water or in food.People who “contribute to social deterioration” “can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility.” A radical and a nutjob. Has no place in a rational administration.
- Communications Czar on Health Reform, Linda Douglas - The genius behind the 'Fishy' email WH campaign, obvious disregard to privacy rights.
- Afghanistan Czar, Richard Holbrooke - From February 2001 until July 2008, Holbrooke was a member of the Board of Directors of the now almost bankrupt American International Group (AIG). During his time as a member of the board of directors of AIG the firm engaged in wildly speculative credit default insurance schemes that may cost the taxpayer hundreds of billions to prevent AIG from bringing down the entire financial system. Who better to have as the Afghan Czar than a corrupt AIG head? Perhaps he could help bring down the Afghan economy as well. Or is it that these folks want us to become more like a 3rd tier nation? You tell me.
- Ron Bloom, Car Czar - Was previously the special assistant to the President of the United Steel Workers based out of Pittsburgh since 1996. Before that he worked as a Investment Banker. Nice to see a union thug as the Car Czar.
- Van Jones, Green Jobs Czar - Started his career as a staunch critic of capitalism. He later got involved with Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement (STORM), a collective which "dreamed of a multiracial socialist utopia." The most radical, at least in background of Obama's Czars.
Did I miss any, readers? I am merely scratching the surface here........